First, a beer recap.
Friday night Beer Date with the wife:
- Headed to Black Bridge around 4 pm
- Since we’ve been going for a while I asked the bartender her name (Nicole) and introduced the me and the wife as I ordered an Evil Red for the me and a Katastrophic Humiliation for the wife
- Evil Red is a red in the vein of Red Chair from Deschutes and Flipside from Sierra Nevada; i.e., a new “northwest pale ale”. Only in the Southwest. I like it far more than I should. Katastrophic Humiliation is a barley wine style ale. It is well done if a little light in color for my taste. I also dislike the name, spelling and all. Doesn’t stop me from drinking it, of course.
- Sister in law showed up, enough said. But, hey, she can be cool and she did buy me beer.
- Had some more Evil Red and their new Stresstout. It was a perfect imperial stout, as they say – thick, creamy head, heavy body, coffee foundation, high alcohol. Loved it.
And now, the day’s brewsing:
- My wife put coffee on
- I didn’t get ready in time to enjoy a cup at home, had to settle for the to-go
- Ran the production summaries
- Updated the queries in the spreadsheet to now collect data for December
- Finished some month end inventory summaries
- Organized parts bins
- Called Ambient Edge to look at our heater – it was only a belt
- Coordinated a material shipment
- Updated environmental reports
- Updated weekly operating supply inventory
- Added to my To-Do list
- Finished coffee early today
- Created a bill of lading for a shipment
- Queued up purchase requisitions that need to be converted to purchase orders
- Entered material into computer
- Loaded some items on UPS Freight truck
- Went to lunch
- Returned from lunch
- Switched Pandora stations – from Sixx AM Radio to Joe Satriani Radio; Satch Radio is becoming my go-to station
- Started converting POs
- Fought with a stupid spreadsheet
- Found out some special production requirements for the month; nearly passed out cuz it’s gonna be tough – short month
- Called about calibrations
- Reviewed some open POs
- Discussed casings with Distribution
- Ordered some storeroom items
- Scanned old documents and tossed them in recycle bin
- Made alterations to old POs for the sake of GRs
- Still updating production spreadsheets
- I need a beer, but it’s not Friday; craving Evil Red …
- Found another good workday Pandora station: Gorillaz Radio
- Was informed about yet another production increase
- Still not done sorting out all my email
- Worked on corporate production plan for December
- Got a request for a spare part, a cable of some kind
- Updated a parts list
I think I’ve had enough.
I hope there is sweet, iced tea at home. That sounds refreshing right now.