Since this week will see the publication of sundry posts regarding German wheat beers, I recommend finding one. And drinking it. Here are some you can find locally:
- Wheatever. A weissbier, home brew, in bottles at my house. Should be ready in a week.
- K-Town Weiss. A kristall weizen available at Black Bridge Brewery. I wrote about it here, mostly. It was a hefe weissbier version at the time. This latest iteration has been filtered. It was also mentioned recently by Tap That AZ.
- Chocolate Banana Nut Hefe & Hefen’ A. According to Rickety Cricket Brewery’s website, both these beers are weissbiers and are on tap. I’ve not had either, so can’t share any thoughts on them. Obviously I need to get to them this week.
Other suggestions if you don’t get to a wheat beer:
- Backwoods Bastard & Dank Wood. The former is a barrel aged scotch ale and the latter a barrel aged imperial red IPA by Founders Brewing. Evaluations pending.
- Hell Bitch. A Belgian strong golden ale from Black Bridge Brewery. It’s nearly perfect.
Those are the beers on my radar for the week.